WORK REMOTELY: MAKE MONEY FROM HOME
Work from home
Working from home also known as working remotely or telecommuting encompasses two main types of jobs. There are jobs that are done at home without extensive use of the internet like woodworking or sewing. And there are jobs that are mostly done online such as web development.
Remote online jobs
Following the development of the internet, we have an increase in online workers. Among them, remote online jobs are ways to earn a living at home that require the use of the internet. Virtual librarians, teleconsultation, and new online jobs like YouTubers are some examples of remote online jobs.
The growth of internet users comes with an increase in the number of people working online. Within a decade India has become the number one supplier of online labor. Digital labor platforms are not only on the rise in developed countries like the UK or the US but also in countries like The Philipines or Bangladesh. The world is experiencing a shift from traditional workplaces to web-based jobs.
The recent events have opened new opportunities for working online. Many people have chosen to stay safe at home and are looking for telecommuting jobs or for side hustles online. Also, companies have more remote workers than ever before. For example, the CEO of Shopify announced on May 21, 2020, that office centricity is over and most of his workers will permanently work remotely.
Industries hiring during coronavirus pandemic
Thanks to CNBC, we have a brief overview of the workforce in the US. Some industries like travel are facing a big crisis while other big online retailers are kept growing.
A considerable part of the workforce is moving from the office to home. For example, all of Twitter’s workers can now work remotely.
Benefits of working from home
Working from home can be challenging but has many advantages:
- saving money on transportation
- avoid spending time commuting
- reduce the cost of eating out
- no time spend on preparing clothes and getting ready to go to work
- cook at home and eat healthily
- spend more time with your family
- make it easy to plan your day
- can be a flexible job
- more time to workout
- stay safe and avoid contamination
For people who know how to plan a day, the benefits can be huge. A home-based job has the power to impact positively your health, social life, and your relationship.
Work from home: planning and be effective
Being a good remote worker is not as easy as people may think. You must deal with many variables like time management, teamwork planning, family life, set up a remote office, communication, videoconferencing software, and so on.
The truth is working from home is a skill that one can learn. In order to preserve your space and working hours, it is crucial to establish clear boundaries for kids, the spouse, or any person close to you. Find more helpful tips on how to work from home in this video from the CNN business YouTube channel.
How to make money from home: Home-based job ideas
People who plan to work from home have different possibilities such as:
- Create a business and work as an entrepreneur
- Work offline from home with a traditional job like sewing
- Find a job online as an employee or a contractor
Whether you are looking for a part-time remote job or to make a full-time income from home, here are a sample of the best work from home ideas:
- Publisher, work for a publishing house
- Real estate agent
- Real estate investment banking
- Remote call center manager jobs
- Remote data entry work
- Remote online stylist jobs
- Remote receptionist jobs
- Remote social media evaluator jobs
- Remote tailoring
- Remote travel agent
- Remote telehealth jobs
- Sell art craft offline
- Sell digital products
- Sell homemade meals
- Sell physical products online
- Selling crafts online, selling craft on Etsy
- Selling photos online
- Sign up for research studies
- Social media influencer, influencer marketing
- Social media specialist jobs work from home
- Social worker work from home
- Start a home daycare
- Telemarketing jobs from home
- Trader jobs
- Transcription jobs online
Although all jobs can not be one hundred percent home-based, it is possible to find a flexible job in many sectors. Some people also have the chance to work a few hours in an office and the remainder they work remotely.