Virtual Assistant Jobs
A virtual assistant is working from home for small businesses and online entrepreneurs. As virtual assistant jobs are done online, companies are hiring worldwide. The salary varies because there are part-time jobs, entry-level jobs with no experience, and high-paying jobs. A VA can help to grow a business by doing some recurring but necessary tasks.
Who needs a virtual assistant
- Online store owner
- Seller on Amazon, eBay, and Etsy
- Affiliate marketer
- Full-time YouTuber
- Website owner and blogger
- Small businesses with an online presence
What virtual assistants do
Many bosses struggle to develop their business. Some day-to-day tasks take are time-consuming and often prevent you from working on your main goal. A virtual assistant can do these task for you. In general, a virtual assistant can do any task that requires the use of multimedia, computers, phones or the internet.
For example, an affiliate marketer can hire a VA to set up an autoresponder and taking care of email follow-up to spend more time on advertising. Most importantly, a specialized VA can do some daily tasks better than you and you can focus on what you are good at.
Financial benefits of hiring a virtual assistant
As a contractor, a VA can help you grow your business while keeping low expenditures. Instead of hiring an employee and have to pay all the extra charges, you can partner with a virtual assistant and avoid going over your budget. One other major benefit of hiring a freelance virtual assistant is the possibility to pay your VA per hour or per project.
21 websites to find a VA [Where to find virtual assistant jobs]
If you are an entrepreneur or a small business owner a virtual assistant company will help you find a good VA that will match your expectations.
- 24/7 Virtual Assistant
- Bottleneck Virtual Assistants
- Fancy Hands
- Freeeup freelance VAs
- Hello Rache
- PeoplePerHour (PPH)
- Vava virtual
- Time Etc
- Virtual task finder
Job seekers can also use the list of websites below to apply for a job in a virtual assistant company or open a gig as a contractor on a freelance website. Regardless of where the companies are based, many of them work with people worldwide.
What are the benefits of being a virtual assistant?
For people who are interesting in virtual assistant jobs, there are many benefits:
- More flexibility for workers and employers
- No need to have an office
- Possibility to work with people worldwide
- Work on multiple projects at the same time to make more money
- Save time on commuting
- Apply to any field related to making money online
As a contractor, you get to choose the people you want to work with and you will not have a chief telling you what to do all day.
How to become a virtual assistant
Most employers focus on skills and experience to hire virtual assistants.
For example, you can become a VA in social media management if you know exactly how to grow a business with social media. There are also websites offering virtual assistant training and online courses to get a virtual assistant certificate. To find a virtual job to may open a gig on a freelance website, apply for a job in one of the websites above.
Most Common Examples of Virtual Assistants Jobs
There are a lot of that can be done by a Virtual Assistant. Some common examples of virtual assistant jobs include:
1. Social Media Management
Social media is a good way to establish your online presence. Many businesses use it to increase brand awareness, connect with potential customers and drive traffic to their websites.
Unfortunately, a small company does not always have the means to develop social media. This is where a VA can offer services in social media management such as:
· Setting up your social media accounts.
· Update schedules.
· Creating content such as posts, images, and product or service updates.
· Poll creation.
· Handling social media scheduling tools like Hootsuite and Buffer.
· Interact with clients online to develop a good online reputation.
· Pinterest: Setting up accounts, account management, making, and managing Pins.
· LinkedIn: Setting up accounts, account management, group creation, and management.
· Facebook: Setting up accounts, account management, group creation and management, ad creation, and management.
2. Email Management
You might not believe this, but a recent study by Forbes just revealed that an average worker spends at least 150 minutes checking emails each day, and they receive about 200 emails. This clearly shows just how time-consuming email management can be.
Some examples of services offered by VAs for Email management include;
· Organizing Emails
· Responding to emails
· Forwarding emails
· Managing email marketing campaigns & Autoresponder
· Setting up Email templates and labels
· Replying to customer questions
· Get customer’s feedback
. Grow email list
3. Project Management
Sometimes business owners might find themselves undertaking big and demanding projects but short on the workforce. In this case, a VA may manage some aspects of the project.
Some examples of services offered by VAs for Project management include;
· Launching products, especially digital products like eBooks and courses.
· Analyzing the best techniques for the project.
· Hiring professional members to be part of your team.
· Scheduling tasks.
· Managing and monitoring other members of the team.
· Conducting a business audit.
4. Blog Management
When you ask any blogger about bog management, they will probably tell you that managing a blog is a big commitment. There are a lot of tasks that you will have to handle when you are managing a blog; this is why a lot of professional bloggers often relegate some tasks to Virtual assistants on the internet.
However, if you are just managing the blog as a hobby, you might decide not to hire a VA. Some examples of services offered by VAs for Blog management include:
· Uploading content and formatting them properly for Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
· Add external and internal links to posts.
· Add images and graphic content to posts.
· Finding images.
· Content SEO. Keywords research.
Book Keeping is one of the most important administrative tasks that businesses often ignore. This is mainly because it is a very time-consuming and tiring task. However, since it helps keeps track of the progress of your business, it is an incredibly important task.
This is why it is incredibly important that you only hand this contract to a reliable VA. Some examples of services offered by VAs for Book Keeping include;
· Issuing refunds.
· Creating invoices.
· Recording bills.
· Recording payments.
· Tracking the financial progress of the business.
· Balance sheet creation.
· Workers and contractors payment.
· Handling taxes.
· Coordinating credit card and bank statements.
6. Ad Management
Managing an ad campaign for your business can be a very time-consuming task, so you can just relegate the task to a reliable Virtual Assistant. This VA will be in charge of the management of your ads on all social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
If you like, you can decide to have the same VA handle both your social media accounts and your ad campaigns on social media. Some examples of services offered by VAs for Blog management include:
· Creating and managing ads on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram.
· Ad Optimization.
· Competitor Research.
· Copywriting and design for an ad campaign.
· Analytical tracking of campaign progress.
· ROI management of ad campaigns.
7. Customer Service
Customer service is a very important aspect of any business, but it can often take too much time, and if it is not done by professionals, it can have a bad effect on your brand reputation. This is why it is often recommended that you hire a professional VA to handle your customer services.
They will handle email customer service, live chat customer support, and social media customer service. Some examples of services offered by VAs for customer service include:
· Replying to customer emails.
· Live chat with customers.
· Chatting with customers on social media.
· Writing Frequently Asked Questions.
· Answering Frequently Asked Questions.
· Handling customer complaints.
· Issuing refunds.
· Request feedback.
Some examples of services offered by VAs for Writing include;
· Blog writing
· Content writing
· Article writing
· Letter writing
· EBook writing
· Newsletter creation
· Editing and proofreading
· Proposal writing
9. Graphics Design
Some examples of services offered by VAs for customer service include;
· EBook design
· Photo editing
· Logo Design
· Flyer creation
· Business card design
· Images for content
· Product Design
· Keyword Research
· Event Research
· Market Research
· Competitor Research
· Software Research
· SWOT Analysis
· Hashtag Research
· Academic Research
· Travel Research
· Patent Research
· Product Comparison
Conclusion [Evolution of virtual assistant jobs]
Virtual assistant job is one of the most popular home-based jobs in 2020. According to Payscale, a virtual assistant in the US can make from $10 to $28 per hour.
Lately, we have seen an increasing interest in virtual assistants from The Philippines offering their services for lower salaries. Due to the growth of the internet economy, there is a continuous demand for virtual assistants.